Subcribe to back in stock notification
In today's world of constant distraction, it's harder than ever to spend time in prayer. The Joy Journal as an aid to prayer, a tool to draw you into prayer and keep you there.
It is an all-in-one, 90 day, Christian planner and prayer journal that is organized around Christian time: Yearly, Weekly, and Daily.
The Joy Journal is 5.5"X8.5" and is 240 pages.
- Lay flat, Smyth Sewn binding (very durable)
- Ribbon marker
- The Joy Journal also comes with a custom 4"X6" bookmark photograph of Jesus laughing.
We become like Christ by orienting our years, weeks and days around Christ. This is the secret of the earliest Christians. Their years were oriented around Christian holidays (holy days). Their weeks were oriented around the life of Christ, with every Sunday an Easter. They let their days teach them about eternity - every night resembling death and every morning recalling the resurrection. Their whole life was a prayer and the whole world coveted their joy and wanted to become Christian.
Today, a Christian's year in the US is oriented around non-Christian holy days which remind us of our failures instead of Christ's victory:
- New Years which reminds us of our failed attempts at resolutions
- The Super Bowl - at which we can only cheer and never participate
- Valentines day where we are reminded of not being in the relationship we want or that we aren’t in one at all.
- Independence day tells us we can be anything we want to be - which doesn't correspond to reality
The days of our week all blend together - church on Sunday is good but it might as well happen on any day of the week. Our days are a blur, we might get a quiet time in each morning and a quick "thank you for this food" before each meal, but find ourselves as we slip into bed regretting that we didn't hardly think about God all day.
And we wonder why we are anxious and depressed!
The Joy Journal is the modern day Christian's introduction to the ancient Christian ways of organizing our time and therefore our lives around Christ so that you can live life to the full, with the JOY that Christ desires for you! And not only for your sake but also for the life of the world because when you aren't joyful, the world can't see Christ.